- P. Michelucci and J. L. Dickinson, “The power of crowds,” Science, vol. 351, no. 6268, pp. 32–33, Jan. 2016. [full text][summary][pdf reprint]
- P. Michelucci, “Human Computation and Convergence,” in Handbook of Science and Technology Convergence, W. S. Bainbridge and M. C. Roco, Eds. Springer International Publishing, 2016.
- S. Belongie and P. Perona, “Visipedia circa 2015,” Pattern Recognition Letters.
- J. P. Bigham, J. O. Wobbrock, and W. S. Lasecki, “Target Acquisition and the Crowd Actor,” Human Computation, vol. 2, no. 2, Dec. 2015.
- A. Bowser and A. Wiggins, “Privacy in Participatory Research: Advancing Policy to support Human Computation,” Human Computation, vol. 2, no. 1, pp. 19–44, 2015.
- T. Hogg and K. Lerman, “Disentangling the Effects of Social Signals,” Human Computation, vol. 2, no. 2, Dec. 2015.
- P. Michelucci, L. Shanley, J. Dickinson, H. Hirsh, and Workshop Participants, “A U.S. Research Roadmap for Human Computation,” Computing Community Consortium Technical Report, 2015.
P. Suarez, “Rethinking Engagement: Innovations in How Humanitarians Explore Geoinformation,” ISPRS International Journal of Geo-Information, vol. 4, no. 3, pp. 1729–1749, Sep. 2015.
R. J. Crouser, B. Hescott, and R. Chang, “Toward Complexity Measures for Systems Involving Human Computation,” Human Computation, vol. 1, no. 1, Sep. 2014.
- W. S. Lasecki, C. Homan, and J. P. Bigham, “Architecting Real-Time Crowd-Powered Systems,” Human Computation, vol. 1, no. 1, Sep. 2014.
A. Wiggins and K. Crowston, “Surveying the citizen science landscape,” First Monday, vol. 20, no. 1, Dec. 2014.
- M. Blumberg and P. Michelucci, “The Psychopathology of Information Processing Systems,” in Handbook of Human Computation, P. Michelucci, Ed. Springer New York, 2013, pp. 51–59.
- J. L. Dickinson, R. L. Crain, H. K. Reeve, and J. P. Schuldt, “Can evolutionary design of social networks make it easier to be ‘green’?,” Trends Ecol. Evol. (Amst.), vol. 28, no. 9, pp. 561–569, Sep. 2013.
A. Kittur, J. V. Nickerson, M. Bernstein, E. Gerber, A. Shaw, J. Zimmerman, M. Lease, and J. Horton, “The Future of Crowd Work,” in Proceedings of the 2013 Conference on Computer Supported Cooperative Work, New York, NY, USA, 2013, pp. 1301–1318.
- P. Michelucci, “Introduction,” in Handbook of Human Computation, P. Michelucci, Ed. Springer New York, 2013, pp. 83–86.
- P. Michelucci, “Synthesis and Taxonomy of Human Computation,” in Handbook of Human Computation, P. Michelucci, Ed. Springer New York, 2013, pp. 83–86.
- P. Michelucci, “Human Computation: A Manifesto,” in Handbook of Human Computation, P. Michelucci, Ed. Springer New York, 2013, pp. 1021–1038.
- R. J. Crouser and R. Chang, “An Affordance-Based Framework for Human Computation and Human-Computer Collaboration,” IEEE Transactions on Visualization and Computer Graphics, vol. 18, no. 12, pp. 2859–2868, 2012.
- D. C. Engelbart and C. Engelbart, “Bootstrapping and the handbook cycle,” Telematics and Informatics, vol. 7, no. 1, pp. 27–32, Jan. 1990.